Monday, May 7, 2012

I just want her to come back

George Lopez has that "Why you crying?!" comedy routine.
It's probably the routine with which identify most.
Mom beat this into my head. She'd be the one who'd backhand us in the mouth, then shout "And don't you even think of crying, or I'll give you something to cry about!"
I'd be that poor kid sitting there with tears in my eyes, and as soon as my chin would begin to quiver, Mom would bust out that infamous "WHY YOU CRYING?!" line.

I know I complain a lot and cry a lot... but that's in the privacy of my room... for the most part. Very few people have seen me cry... mainly because Mom beat this behavior into me. Had it not been for Mom instilling the "crying indicates you're weak" mentality, I'd probably bust out the waterworks every ten minutes... since I'm overly emotional and shit.
I was also raised to believe men don't cry. Ever.
So, even at this age, when I see a dude crying, I freak out a little.
Who the fuck died? Who's GONNA die? What the fuck?! I'm scared! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

Today, I was having a pleasant day... besides the fact that I felt tired as all hell, I was ok.
I had returned from the gym, completely exhausted, and as I laid down on my bed to check my e-mail, I fell asleep.
Upon waking up, I walked into the kitchen in search for some protein... carbs... something to keep me awake.
I consider myself a normal person, so I walk into rooms in a normal fashion: quietly.
This time, as I quietly walked into the kitchen, I stumbled into a kitchen containing a sobbing, grown-ass man standing over the sink: my dad.
OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

My little daddy was having a little melt-down because he misses his baby girl.
I felt terrible for my poor little Pops!
PAPIIIIII!

Dad: I just want her to come back!
Me: :(((( Awww... Daddy!
Dad: If she told me she wanted to come home, I'd go pick her up RIGHT NOW!
Me: :(

It broke my heart... so instead of telling him to calm down and man up, I patted his back and walked back into my room.
Everyone's allowed to have a full-on melt-down...
I just prefer not to hear or see it... 'cause you know... I took plenty of backhand to the face to really feel too comfortable with that stuff.

Poor Pops.
So scary, but so sad.

8 comments:

Native Minnow said...

You'd hate me right now. I break down about every other day. Usually in my room or the shower though. I don't even have good reason. Just crazy I guess.

AnoMALIE said...

Nah, no hate... I'd just be scared the whole time.
:/
I can totally relate with the breakdowns. I'm actually surprised they stopped for me. Though I'm no longer a sad mess, I tend to be a FURIOUS monster the majority of the time.
I'm pretty sure this furious thing will get me killed wayyyy sooner than the whole "sad mess" I had going for me last year.
I hope you feel better... :(

Native Minnow said...

I'll probably feel better once this whole "model" situation is resolved one way or the other. I hate being in limbo. My gut is telling me right now that it's done, but she keeps telling me that it's not. Ugh.

AnoMALIE said...

:(
You know what this sounds like? It sounds like you're long overdue for a Vegas trip!

In all seriousness, I'd give this girl... six months max, to make up her mind. I'd at least get out there and try dating while she makes up her mind.
My apologies for how FUCKED up in the head some of us (most of us?) girls can be. Totally unfair to you :/

Native Minnow said...

Agreed. Thinking of coming down next week.

AnoMALIE said...

If you don't hit me up when you come, I'll bombard your FB with the musical stylings of One Direction... Backstreet Boys... Nsync etc etc. I swear.

Native Minnow said...

Still debating whether I can afford it.

AnoMALIE said...

well, if you CAN, you better hit me up. I'll spot you ;)