Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fandom

My godson is currently enjoying time in the sunny climate of Cozumel.
Saturday he gets to participate in a contest, for modeling... and if he wins, he'll go international.
My boy looks motherfucking awesome:
See, clearly related.
He got the eyebrow thing from yourstruly.

I don't care if we share a gene pool, actually, I'm walking around like the proud hen of the coop.
Thaaaaaat's my boy!!!
There is a drawback, however.
He's now enjoying a much broader spectrum of "fans," and these people are fucking crazy.
Today alone, I had to reject seven photo tags of strangers on MY photos... and I've shuffled through some very psycho/annoying comments on my photos where my boy appears.

This makes me feel stupid... not entirely sure why... maybe the thought of MY own fandom of famous dudes makes me blush. I've certainly gone around saying embarrassing bullshit about a bunch of guys... like Ryan Gosling... guys I KNOW are definitely out of my reach... but I still go off and act retarded.

My kid is the epitome of sweetness.
Where I'd go and tell a fan to go fuck himself and leave me alone, he graciously takes the compliment and returns kind words... he's dope.


His first night back in Hometown this September, we sat outside, under the moonlight, swigging tequila while all the other adults chatted indoors.
I brought up MGH because we were talking about my deteriorating friendship with his family. Godson quickly interrupted me.
Godson: You still like him! No, no, you don't fucking fool me. You still love MGH, or else why would you mention him?
Me: No, no! I mention him because I'm telling you a fucking story!
Godson: Yeah, right!
Me: No! I don't love MGH! I... I've always liked someone else. You know this... I said his name that night when I got super trashed in December at JC's house... when everyone thought I'd say MGH.
Godson: Does HE know?
Me: Well, this is the thing... like... I've known him for like... eight years and... he like... lives in Europe...
Godson: You DO know this guy in real life though, right?
Me: OBVIOUSLY! What kind of loser do you think I am?! I mean, we went to school together and shit, that's how I know him.
Godson: In that case: Fuck that! Forget it. MOVE ON, GODMOM!
Me: ... yeah... I know...

He's also very blunt and smart... too bad I'm not.

No comments: