Tuesday, June 26, 2012

- 1 + icon

I remember being about ten years old when I first watched "When Harry Met Sally," and a little later "Sleepless in Seattle."
As I've gotten older, I've become further endeared to these two films.
Last year, when I went to New York for the first time, I was geeking-the-fuck-OUT at the top of the Empire State building, continuously mentioning scenes from "Sleepless in Seattle."
When Harry Met Sally? What can I say about that film?
You know that film, When Harry Met Sally? Fucking describes my life, dude!
I've heard girls and guys utter this line. I know I'm guilty of it.
Never the right time...

Nora Ephron... that woman knew what was up. Hilarious stories, but also with incredible heart-- what I strive for in my writing, and life in general.
The world is officially that much shittier without her now.
Mis respetos, gran señora.

... and just... as a weird sidenote:
Notice the phrase I used in yesterday's post (technically, it was marked as earlier today since it posted at midnight)? This is my life.

And that's how my weird psychic shit sometimes creeps up on me.

No comments: