Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Makin' good on a drunken promise

Starting tomorrow, my family will be complete.
For now, I just have to settle for having Rafa bug the shit out of me.

As I drove him home from the airport, he got all brotherly with me.
Rafa: Damn, this last weekend has been... the first time I go... you know, full speed.
Me: As in...
Rafa: The partying.
Me: Oh, you mean it was your first time spending all three days drunk as fuck?
Rafa: Yuuup. Completely hammered... all three days.

This came as no surprise, having known his intentions since the moment he stepped foot at school:
Yup, that's the Brotherovski I know and love.
And yes, I approve of this behavior, at least when he's with his Princeton homies.
I adore the Princeton crowd.
Hello, I use Facebook, Einstein.
Rafa: And uh... I don't know if you remember... about... how... Jaz had told you guys to give me her number so I could one day drunk-dial her... ?
Me: Yeah, I do, she told ME.
Rafa: Well, I remembered. And I called her.
Me: HAHAHAHA!
Rafa: She was all... groggy. I mean, I called her at four in the morning, so of course she was going to be all "ehh... hhhhellohhh?"
Me: Oh Christ.
Rafa: I was like "Yo, Jazmin! So I'm calling to make good on that promise!" And we took it from there. We talked for THREE HOURS. God... I don't even know how I did that... I've never talked for that long... and I remember the majority of what was said.
Me: Wow.
Rafa: She's so... she has matured so much. She's more of an adult than I am! Her head is on straight... she gives good advice.
Me: So I'm guessing... you guys talked it all out...
Rafa: About... her sister? Yes. We did... and I mean, it's a sad situation, but she's so chill about it... It made ME chill about it. Like Jaz said, as long as she's happy... it's all that matters.
But God, man... I'm just glad I got it out of my system!

...
:(
If I were a better sister, I would have had some nice words to follow that with... but I get a knot in my throat each time I THINK about his fucked up love story with Alo.
I felt a knot the moment I realized he didn't even utter her name.
"As long as she's happy..." ??!?!?!
Oh my God... ahhh, my heart! What is this? The fucking Notebook?!

I wish I could forget his drunk-dial from years back... where he was sobbing into the phone as he wandered the forest in the middle of the night, drunk and confused... and only thinking about how he was NEVER going to find a girl like Alo... how his life would never be complete without her.
:(
I don't know... drunk, heart-broken boys break the shit out of my heart. Knowing my brother can BE a drunk, heartbroken boy makes me infinitely sad.
Rafa!! What happened to the trouble-making, hyper, silly boy I grew up with? What did they do to you?! :(

But, but, but! I think he's finally over it.

Thank you, Venus.

No comments: