Sunday, June 3, 2012

SevenTEEN

He has one of the prettiest pair of eyes I've ever seen. His stare is sweet... patient... innocent... kind of like the stare with which so many painters depict Jesus...
His nose is very fine... small... adorable.
He's a good... six feet tall, and he's always wearing a suit... even if it's 106 degrees outside.
He's ridiculously handsome. Like... baby-face handsome.
Maybe because he is a baby?

His name is one of those hardcore Spanish names... the super masculine, telenovela name.
His eyes follow me as I walk away from him, when he thinks I can't notice. He nervously looks away when I make eye-contact and smile.

Jorge Luis likes me.
"That boy thinks you're the most gorgeous girl his eyes have ever seen."
Jorge Luis is seventeen.

It's so crazy, I've cracked jokes about the teenaged usher kid at church for a while now.
The boy's charming good looks stunned the fuck out of me when I first saw him.
"Kid HAS to be from Hometown... he just has that... feel... he's also like... fifteen. I'd hit if he were legal."
He's so sweet and timid. I've caught him occasionally catching glimpses at me when I go to spanish Mass on Saturdays... MOM has caught him stealing glances at me.
I'm 27, there's no reason for teenaged boys to be pining over me... there's no reason for ANYONE to be pining over me. I'm AnoMALIE... the quiet, shy, timid, sad, awkward tomboy.
Yet... someway... somehow, I've managed to captivate the ridiculously handsome sweet church boy, Jorge Luis.

As I was walking out of church, I took a bulletin from Jorge Luis and I heard my cousin giggle. My cousin's the Youth Group leader, so she directs boys like Jorge Luis as they do their usher services at church.
She's also a really loud, blunt girl.
I walked over to her and she laughed even harder.
Me: What up, Meli?
Meli: You just made that boy's day.
Me: Who?
Meli: Jorge Luis. Kid handing out the bulletins.
Poor boy's face was turning red.
Meli: You haven't come to church in a while... he asks me about you all the time. That boy thinks you're the most gorgeous girl his eyes have ever seen.
By now, the boy was still handing out bulletins, but was so embarrassed, I thought he was going to start crying any minute.
I looked over at him and smiled.
Me: Thank you.

Just my luck: as a teenager, I was completely unable to make ANY teenaged boy think I was worthy of a second glance. At 27, I make a 17 year old boy's heart flutter with a simple glance and a smile.
An extremely good looking boy finally likes me... and he's 17 years old.
Just my motherfucking luck.

Things like this are what break my heart... these... misses.
I call them the "See, AnoMALIE! It's possible... but not really possible" occurrences.
Fun.
Not really.
And this is how I know I will always be alone.

End scene.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

Here's to you Misses Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you know.. whoa whoa whoa..

AnoMALIE said...

LMAO... ahhh, more fitting words I would not have been able to find... lol