Monday, June 4, 2012

Gimme an H! A! PPY!

I have often joked about what my reaction to Kelley getting engaged would be like... especially on here.
I always suspected, claimed, I'd be like Bambi when the owl tells the crew that they'll all succumb to the terrible fate of falling in love and starting a family.
Straight bullshit, homie, that ain't EVER happenin' to me!
That's how I'd say it, of course, because we can't forget I have quite the street cred with my 14 years experience of hood-life.
I often said I'd suffer a crisis. Cry. Freak out. Blah blah blah.
No!!! I'm now the last man standing! I'm ALONE! ALONE! No one to love, no one loves ME! Goddamn it! I'm ALONE!
(I sure hope that's dramatic enough for the homie Alex... yeah? I can always turn it up a couple of notches... I AM a pisces after all, ha!)

But something very fucking scary has happened:
I am... extraordinarily happy.
So fucking scary.
My mind has taken this strange action with the news, and I've agreed to just ride the wave.
Happiness, I'm all yours. I hear you're kind of fun.
I've been so bubbly today... I've laughed for at least seven hours... and nothing has brought me down.

And things COULD have brought me down... like the outcome of a stupid quiz I took today:
I believe the name of this test was something along the lines of "Why can't you land a man?"
I laughed. No, really, I LAUGHED.
Or my father's reaction to the news of Kelley getting engaged:
Oh man! You're the last one now. And with no volunteers in sight...
Thanks, Pops!
But they didn't.
Instead, I continued being a sweetheart, and cheered for all good news I heard... like the fact that my cousin's ex went to the gyno and was told the sex of her baby (boy). I wasn't even aware of her pregnancy, but I went ahead and congratulated her, sincerely, and it turned into a very pleasant exchange (I know I say I fucking hate girls and can't tolerate them for extended periods of time, but when I find a girl I think is hilarious/cool, I keep in touch, even if it pisses off family. YOU had a problem with her, not me... fuck off, buddy, I keep whatever friends I like... which, by the way, she's at least five times cooler than you. Buy yourself a personality instead of the next Jordans or whatever the fuck sneaker shit comes out, Fam).

I love this good-news vibe currently involving my friends. I don't give a fuck if I'm not hearing anything worth a shit (in regards to MY life), but I've come to prove that as long as my friends are happy, I'm quite the fucking ecstatic cheerleader standing right next to them.
I'm loving it.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

I don't think any one finds you boring :) and if they do.. fuck em. like that quiz.
Plus.. I'm not married yet.. and 50% of all marriages in the US end in divorce! (j/k.. mine won't.. I'm too stubborn/practical for that)


The captcha gave me a picture of a mole after the first word... what the hell am I to type?!?!?!?!??

AnoMALIE said...

LMAO! I thought it was going to tell me I couldn't land a man because I was too suicidal (JK!).

Captcha is now playing pictionary with people? I'm going to try it! haha