Thursday, November 11, 2010

3-1

He made me cry with his vows.
They were lovely song lyrics of his own authorship.
The way he looked at her wasn't doing much to stop the tears. I had to look away to gain my composure and look like my normal, cold self.
He looked like a kid on Christmas. Seriously.
He NEVER smiled.
When I met him, he was miserable. He was sick, literally. Fragile, pale, depressed... with a mystery illness no doctor could crack.
I befriended him because my best friend thought he was cute, so I wanted to help her reach him (I will go to extremes to hook my friends up, but I'll close myself off when it comes to my own happiness... go figure). I was like Lenny from Mice and Men in that relationship... damn near breaking him into pieces each time I hugged his poor fragile body. But I did get to know him, and he became Kelley's best friend... and he was my "Give me what your Oma sent you from Germany... you know... that weird spice thing I can't pronounce but I eat ravenously at your place... and some gummy bears" friend.
That was six years ago.
Then last year this chipper girl who looked at least four years older than us (she's actually three years younger than the youngest) approached us Three Musketeers... weaseled her way into our clan... and he fell madly in love with her. She was the epitome of his undesirable girl... and he fell in love with her.
Alright, dude... if you say so.

Anyway, it's his day, so I won't talk shit.
You know who was getting shit-talked the entire night? This girl.
Ok... it wasn't much "shit-talking" as it was... light teasing. I was the only "single" person there. Sure, Kelley's boyfriend went sans Kelley... but it was still weird.
Everyone was paired off... and everyone was talking "Alright, who's next?" And I'd be there like "Get the fuck out of here... I'm not even willing to commit to reading a book... much less marrying a dude." And OF COURSE I was pitied the entire night.
It was awkward. Extremely awkward. AND THERE WAS NO LIQUOR!
Fuck me in the ass! Shit!
There was kissing everywhere... girls sitting on their boyfriends/fiancés laps... hand-holding... it was my nightmare. No lie. Wherever I turned, there was some sort of PDA going on.
At least I wasn't the only person uncomfortable... Kelley's boyfriend was keeping me company. We spent the night occasionally flashing the Vulcan salute... since Musketeer is a die-hard Star Wars guy.


Wait... wait... I did have ONE male all over me: Musketeer's dog!
:)
That little beast-- all two-pounds of awesomeness that he is-- was "defending" me the entire night. Sitting in my lap and growling at anyone who approached me.
So I guess I can't complain.

But I'm still sad.

No comments: