Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tear Drop

I wasn't a total loser in middle school.
I was friends with both the nerds who loved school, and the "cholos" who thought they were too cool for school.
While I had a ton of crushes from both sides of the nerd-cholo spectrum, I never had a legit boyfriend, unlike the majority of my friends.
I'd be cool with the guys, but they would be more interested in hooking up with the easy girls... and I'd be shit out of luck in the "friend" category. My middle-school curse.
Well...
Today my 8th grade crush found me on Facebook. He found me.
?!?

That guy... he was a major flirt (totally popular. He won that superlative in 8th grade), and not TOO smart (he was smart, but he was more interested in being cool), so I didn't have much to speak to him about.
However, his locker was two down from mine, so very often, we'd bump into each other and have awkward exchanges. I'm sure he figured I had a crush, since I'd blush like crazy, stutter like Porky Pig... and shove my face in the locker until he left.
One day, one of our mutual friends took my folder from my hands, and noticed how on the inside pocket, 8thGradeCrush's name was written in huge bubble letters (oh... those bubble letters... hahaha).
I guess he told, and instead of being a prick about it, the 8thGradeCrush was very sweet. From then on, he'd flirt with me when we'd bump into each other at our lockers.
The delight didn't last too long, since he moved to another part of town that year, and I never saw him again... until today.

Oh... sweet childhood crushes.
I don't know about anyone else, but I know I always like to think the best for others. Such is the case for 8thGradeCrush. I made him out to have some sort of lovely, if possibly, quaint life... working some 9 to 5  and raising a family or some shit.
Well, while my little 8thGC is still the lovely, sweet boy I liked back in the 90's (at least, that's what I got out of our little hour-long back and forth)... he does have a new addition:

OF COURSE someone in my past had to acquire a motherfucking tear-drop tattoo on the side of his face. Of course... or else it wouldn't be AnoMALIE-related.
C'mon kid... what the fuck? I thought the Blood In, Blood Out shit was a thing of the past...

No comments: