Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gringos and Gypsies

I'm Mexican. I'm used to this sort of wedding:
Thinking about ever wearing that dress in public still gives me anxiety
It's really the only type I've gone to.
I'm used to very long courtships and engagements of about half a year... I mean, you can't plan a reception for 200+ people in less than two months.
Quickie weddings aka "White Weddings" are foreign to me... but not for long!
The male member of my Three Musketeers gang (Mom gave us the nickname) is getting married... in exactly a week.
I saw him at the Halloween party over the weekend... the guy in the sexy gypsy costume. He made no mention of his plans, and neither did his fiancé. They asked me what I was doing with my life, and wanted details, but when I asked, they just "Eh, hmmm, you know"'ed me.
WTF, bro? That's all I get?

Last night I was notified of GaGaHater (Musketeer's fiance. Remember that story a while back?) posting on my wall. I noticed she had written the exact same thing on Kelley's wall (the other Musketeer).
That shit must be spam. Fuck it, I'm not checking it out.
Then Kelley texted me.
Check your email.
I did. And there it was, an invitation to Musketeer1 and GaGaHater's wedding... that will take place in a week.
WTF?!
They've requested we go semi-formal, but NO JEANS! and we must wear chucks.
Do you know how hard that is for a Mexican girl? I'm supposed to wear chucks, but not jeans?! WTF?!

I don't know... I'm just going with the flow. It's hell of short notice... but it's not like I have much of a life to worry too much. Looks like I'll be attending my first White Wedding... in chucks.
You white folk sure are weird... :)

Also, totally off topic (well, sort of):
Today I found out gypsies are Romanian... hence the term commonly used on them-- Roma. WTF? Was the dude at the party calling me a gypsy?! WTF?!
NOT AnoMALIE... although I too could take on two motherfuckers like that.
I AM NOT a gypsy.

And that is my "flipping out" comment of the day.

Let's just get one more in there: WTF?!

No comments: