Thursday, November 18, 2010

Those Rascals

Pacemaker: So, has JC called you recently?
Me: No... was he supposed to?
Pacemaker: So he hasn't told you about Emma?
Me: No. You were the one who told me about that one, remember?
Pacemaker: Oh, well... that's weird.

God... when that girl calls... she gives me a weeks-worth of material.

Today--for the majority of the time--JC was the topic of conversation, since he has a new girlfriend... and apparently, people in the bay area think I'm going to be devastated over it. They seem to have been under the impression that there was a thing going on between JC and I. Even my parents and brother are of that persuasion.
Totally not the case. Sure, we did some things that could make others think we were in a relationship... like how I'd sleep in his room each time I visited the bay, or how he'd throw his boxers at my head before he'd go in to shower and shit like that... but it was more of a sibling-love thing, at least from my behalf (there were certain occasions where I'd get a little freaked out as we'd sit alone in his car and he'd make "meaningful" eye-contact with me. I could sense him getting courage to go at my face, and I'd be figuring ways to dodge his body. Of course, our sibling-love would always win-- thank God)... especially since the guy I was having a somewhat-secretive thing with was his brother.
Mom: That's not how others would interpret it.

Anyway, Pacemaker bringing up JC and MGH was weird, since yesterday Dad asked me about MGH and JC out of the blue. I was trying to check him in at one of those stupid kiosks at the airport when he asked.
Dad: MGH hasn't called you or anything? Told you what he or JC are up to?
Me: Nope. I have no idea what he's doing with his life, Dad.
Dad: I miss him. I miss those rascals.
Me: Yeah... well...

That's what sucks about how well our families meshed.
My poor Pops got dumped along with me.
Sorry about that, Pops.

It squeezes my heart a tiny bit... because... I'm pretty damn sure Dad isn't going to like any other dude I may get, quite as much as he liked MGH. My Dad was a huge fan... apparently he still is, seeing how his eyes light up when he talks about those kids.

Why do guys ruin a good thing? It's like they don't enjoy being loved.
(This post also came about because, oddly enough, I'm really pissed over the Longoria-Parker breakup. Fuckface HAD to be French. Prick-ass bitch... and with an ugly hoe, too!! WTF guys?! What. The. Fuck?!)

No comments: