Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Broke Joke

Pacemaker: Your dad got a new truck?!
Me: Huh?
Pacemaker: I saw it on your sister's page.
Me: Oh... yeah. I thought I told you the other day when you called (no, I omitted that on purpose). My folks were out in Washington buying the truck.
Pacemaker: No, you didn't tell me! What is this? Like, the third truck in the last three years?
Me: Umm... yeah?
Pacemaker: Man... your dad... you guys are gonna go broke soon.
Me: (laugh) umm... nah... not any time soon... that shit's tax deductible. Dad could buy a new car at the end of each year if he wanted to, as long as it meets the required weight limit.
Concept you'd probably understand if you owned the Kiehl's you so often brag about.

Prior to this exchange, I had been having a pleasant weekend:
-New truck (which was supposed to stay a secret. Bragging about that sort of shit I don't enjoy... since people are quick to hate-- Pacemaker serving as a perfect example).
-Rainy, cold days (fun to stay home and be all warm... driving in it, not so much).
-Middle school crush still remembering me (although it was brought to my attention how much he looks like a very butch female... which is... true. The androgyny is... there... just like Justin Bieber's. Man!).
-Multiple 10-year-old children vying for my attention as opposed to making my life a living hell with their music/television/conversation topic selections (winner was the 9 year-old who managed to get the house dog off me).
-Lady's Night with fresh tamales and spiked punch (tamales were lacking in taste... but the liquor totally compensated for that).
-Darcy making me laugh... and then finding out he'll be in town soon (needless to say, all this had me smiling, even after I spit hot tea up my nose and all over my chest. Who gives a fuck about burning yourself when this guy makes you laugh? Not this girl)
-Sushi with Mooney (always fun to go out and listen to random strangers complain, all while getting your raw-fish fix, right?)
-Two of my three lovelies submitting their recs three weeks in advance (the third has a hectic life, but she's more dependable than anyone I know. This shit warrants a giant fist-pump).


So... thanks, Pacemaker for being snarky, and ending my good vibe... just like getting your rag in the middle of a beach vacation.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I have it written. Should I run it by your first? I wrote it out last week, thinking I'd let it sit for a week just to make sure I got everything and it sounded intelligent.

AnoMALIE said...

it's fine. Don't worry about it, I have yet to finish my own personal statements. I trust whatever you wrote to be great :)