Monday, May 9, 2011

FB war

Since I missed a post over the weekend, here's my recovery post:

Passive-aggressiveness. I'm kind of good at it... really good.
However, I understand how obnoxious it can be, so I've consciously made the effort to just be upfront with my problems with others (or just get over it and shut the fuck up. This one works a lot better, although it's probably not the best for my mental health)... a process that has taken me 26 years.

But I have these two friends... they're... somethin' else.
I use the term "friends" loosely, since I handle them like I handle liquor: once in a while I'll have a drink or two because it's fun and it makes me more outgoing... but if I have too much, it just turns into a giant mess and I have to deal with a fucked up hangover.
With these girls (they're sisters, so naturally Sis and I gravitated toward them), I hang out with them maybe once every six months. They have very strong personalities, so much so, that when we first met at a family party (we were all elementary schoolers), we got in a physical fight over who was hogging the foosball table (we were, but only because we had FOUR people playing. They only had two. Instead of nicely asking if they could be rotated in, they insisted on ALL four of us to get out). They will speak their mind, to the point where they're rude.
Why do I hang out with them? Because I do laugh with the bluntness of these girls. They don't let others belittle them and shit like that. It's entertaining to watch. Of course, too much of this makes me depressed. I'll get that moral-hangover and think about the poor girl they've been ragging on for the last hour and how that poor girl must feel (because the girl obviously hears all of the berating from these two girls). Sure, being in the presence of such strong personalities CAN do me SOME good, since I'm so reserved and quiet... but I can't be seen with them for too long because I don't want others to think I'm of the same catty nature.

Anyway, with Facebook, these girls have grown fond of passive-aggressiveness. They continuously post status updates mocking their own friends, but without straight up calling them out. They'll also post on each others walls, "acting" like a certain friend.
Sister and I have been watching this behavior for a while... since we've identified three friends they've made fun of. Why they so it, I do not know... but it does piss me off. Why publicly make fun of someone when you live together? Yeah, Sis and I make fun of others sometimes, but we do it in person... never on-line where other people can read it and be scandalized by it.

Well, looks like their next victim is my sister.
How the saying in Spanish goes: throw rocks at me and I'll eventually catch one.
Well, we caught them.

Backstory on my sister:
She has always been the pretty girl. I've said that about a million times. When she came back from living abroad in '08, she gained a ton of weight. She finally went on a crazy diet back in... January? and turns out she lost all the weight. I'm pretty sure I talked about this before.
Anyway, turns out the diet only taught her to eat healthy. It seemed drastic at the time, and even I thought she'd only have a massive bounce-back, but now she eats like a little health nut, she hits the gym daily, and she takes health supplements and all that.
My sister once again looks good, actually, better than ever. She has never been so thin, so muscular, and so happy. She went from a size 15, to a 6 and shrinking.
I'm proud of her.

OK, so my sister occasionally checks-in on FB when she's at the gym. She does this to try and convince her friends to join her. It often works.
Sister also posts photos of her food... but only when it looks really good.
Also, when people see photos of her, they compliment her and ask her secret. She'll very nicely accept the praise, and let them know that she got to her weight by eating right and hitting the gym.

All right, now for these girl's reactions:
Older girl's status on Friday:
Things that extremely annoying... The show "I didnt know I was pregnant" the show "16 and pregnant" fat people checking in at the gym everyday, makes me 1 wonder if the gym has an In N Out inside and 2 makes me feel great about myself for not working out!
Then a later post:

with this caption:
Ohhh Cosmo, this the reason why you're my favorite magazine, next to Glamour- we think alike!!
and these comments:
OlderSister: This is about ppl on a diet who post what they eat and are talking about their diet in FB all the time!
YoungerSister: I don't keep a food diary! Or talk about working out or being on a diet haha I post delicious food!

Shit like that. Shit that made it CLEAR they were mocking my sister.
Since we're talking about my sister here, she struck back. She's the queen of snark (but when we unite power, watch your back, sucka!).
Sis went to LA today on a business trip with Dad (I snaked my way out of it), but before she left, I reminded her to check in at King Taco.
She did just that,  once she reached LA, using this as a comment on her check in: Cuz you just want to know what I'm eating :)
Than she also posted a photo of her food:

With the caption: Mmmmm sope de asada! [insert facebook food diary intake for the day] how's that ;)

'Cause when we talk shit, we do it with a smile on our face, and our hands clenched into fists.
We blatantly talk shit 'cause we can back it up.

This shit is only going to continue for a couple more... weeks.

Girls are such a pain in the ass.
Oh, and so we don't end on a sour note, the catty YoungerSister provided me with the DD of the day:

CattyYoungerSister updated her status to this:
What if one day u put on some eye drops, and u come to realize that it was SUPER GLUE ?!!! :O just a random thought... Hahaha

If I'm not mistaken, Darcy did this as a kid. I know this because he wrote about it a while back. The story stayed in my head because... I mean... that shit MUST hurt. How can you forget something like that?
Anyway, all of her friends were freaking out over how perverse and implausible this was and so I, like the real jackass who likes to kill everything, informed her that it was possible and that it does happen, since it happened to my friend.
Her: Omg no way ?!!!! Wow! That must be insaaaane! So is she ok now? Any baaad damages to her eye?
Me: he's a hottie. he did it when he was a kid, i don't think he knew how to read. his eye is normal, from what I can tell.

Ta-Da! Darcy omnipresent as usual. Oooooo!
How's the cow thing coming along, guys? I had a point, right? You're welcome. 

4 comments:

Mooney said...

Somehow I don't think it's possible for his eye to be okay. If it was super glue, he must have massive corneal scarring. Eek.

AnoMALIE said...

I didn't ask. I probably should have... 'cause that's one crazy-ass story. I thought D was a gangsta because she put up with eating some super glue... but super glue to the eye is... that's another level.
I'll randomly bring it up in a comment one of these days. Now everyone has me wondering how the hell that all went down.

Mooney said...

I really doubt he'd be able to see through that eye if he had super glue in his eye. That'd burn his cornea...it'd be pretty nasty. I've seen some crazy stuff...it'd be a white scar over his cornea, he'd be blind. Now if it were elmer's glue...he'd still have some bad scarring but I doubt it would burn his cornea.

AnoMALIE said...

I'm pretty sure he super-glued his eye shut. I'll find a way to ask. haha