Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tiiiigers!

Rafa, my little Ruffles, officially completed his Princeton Master's Degree today.
I just... I can't find the adequate words to describe how I feel about this.
Proud? Hell of.
Excited? Extremely.
Jealous? Oh boy, and HOW!

It's a mixture of emotions, all good obviously, that I'm sure if I tried to articulate them, it's be a giant mess.
Both my parents only completed sixth grade. SIXTH GRADE (Dad failed it TWICE)!
They envisioned a better life for their kids and crossed the border, Mom being six months pregnant. A place where people did not speak their language, a place where they had no family (that quickly changed, but still, a harrowing thought for an expecting mother, if you ask me), not even a place to call their own.
Did they ever think this was going to come out of it?
Unbelievable.

Then, in two weeks, this:


(and a week before that, giving the keynote speech at Notre Dame's Poli-Sci graduation. Seriously... I find myself wondering if this is really happening)
I'm in absolute awe of my brother.
Rafa, you're on motherfucking fire!

(... and still, the resentful part in me can only think about those stupid bitches who didn't believe in him. How's that for "nothing," cunts? What are your guys doing, you know, the ones you thought were much better than my brother? Selling jeans at the swap meet and the other one living with you at your parent's house. BRAVO!)

And now, because today is Mexican Mother's Day, something that made me laugh:

TODO LO QUE SIGNIFICA LA MADRE PARA LOS MEXICANOS:
Alegría: A toda Madre
Ubicación geográfica: Donde está esa Madre?
Valor dietético: Trágate esa Madre ya!!
Escepticismo: No te creo ni Madres
Venganza: Vamos a darle en la Madre!
Acción violenta: Le rompiste toditita su Madre!!!
Animo: Ándale con esa Madre!!
Desorden: Qué desmadre te traes!!
Despectivo: Vales pa' pura Madre!
Alquimista: Todo lo que toca le da en la Madre
Juramento: Por mi Madre!
Egoísmo: No me dio ni Madres...
Sentido del gusto: Eso sabe a Madres
Como acción: Vamos a hacer esa Madre
Superlativo: A todisisisma Madre
Expresión de alegría: Está de Poca Madre!
Sorpresa: Madresss!!!
Exceso de velocidad: Va hecho la Madre
Efecto visual: No se ve ni madres!
Sentido del olfato: Huele a Madres
Especulación: Que Madres es eso??
Accidente: Se dio en la Madre
Mecánica: Y esta Madre como funciona??
Fracaso: Ya valió Madres...
Reclamo: Que poca Madre tienes...
Negativa rotunda: Ni Madres!!!
MUCHAS FELICIDADES

No comments: