Friday, May 13, 2011

So a catlady walks into a bar...

Yesterday, through no fault of my own, I was unable to post.
Did I have anything important to day? Nah, not really (then again, do I ever?).
I just went to the movies after a really long time of self-banishment from the cinema.

The movie was alright. I had my DD moment while watching it (one of the main characters was named "Darcy." Sure, it was Kate Hudson's character, but still, each time they'd say her name, all I could think was "ENOUGH ALREADY!"), but I was a little turned off from the film because one of the characters (Kate Hudson's to be exact) had no real redeeming qualities and it was impossible to like her... fucking impossible.

The film took place in New York, and that actually got me a little excited about going there in less than two weeks. It only took me... a couple of months.

This reminds me, yesterday I had a nasty argument with my sister in regards to our NYC plans.
I want to go to the MET, MoMA, Broadway... and all those landmarks we hear so much about. I also REALLY want to eat. Can't forget to hit THOSE landmarks.

My sister wants to go to the Guggenheim and bar/club hop every night.
Nothing against the Guggenheim, I fucking loved it in Bilbao. It brings back great memories... but still... we're in NYC and we're not going to check out the MET  or MoMA? And bar/club hop every night? What the hell are you smoking?

When sister brought this to my attention (she's the one making the plans, since we're staying with her friend while we're out there. I feel like an asshole when suggesting anything), and my response was:
D, I live in Las Vegas. Why would I want to do that?

She flipped.
What does D do when she flips? She starts spewing at the mouth and says offensive shit that manages to piss me the fuck off and pushes me over the edge.
D: WELL, I'm a NORMAL person, who wants to check out the BAR SCENE in DIFFERENT CITIES.
(she said it like that. She'd elevate her voice during the CAPS part)
Me: Yeah, because the BAR SCENE is so FUCKING DIFFERENT in EVERY CITY. Give me a bar in Las Vegas, a bar in some little town in Nebraska, and a New York bar and you'll get the SAME fucking thing.
(I tend to mimic when pissed off)
D: I KNEW you were going to react like this. You're so FUCKING BORING.
Me: D, WE'RE GOING TO BE IN NEW YORK! You want to BAR HOP in New York when we're only going to be there THREE DAYS?
D: I did it in Spain!
Me: Yeah, you were there for six months... OBVIOUSLY there's bar hopping in SIX FUCKING MONTHS. Bar hop when you're in Germany... Ireland... shit, even England... it'll be unforgivable if you don't. But here in the states, seeing a huge city for the first time? Get the fuck out of here.
D: WELL, Me and *NYCGirl* will do it and you'll be left home alone to take care of her CAT. YOU FUCKING CAT LADY!
UHOH. She went there.
Me: FUCK YOU, YOU DRUNK! WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE TO DO AT A FUCKING BAR?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO FIND THERE?! 'Cause I know I'LL BE MOTHERFUCKING DAMNED IF I FIND MY FUTURE BOYFRIEND AT A FUCKING BAR! Tell me, WHAT am I going to do at a bar, huh? Am I going to learn anything? Am I going to be happy? WHY is bar hopping such a MUST? FUCK. YOU.


Some days, you just don't call me a catlady.
(as for bars, there's a time and place for that. When I'm visiting a giant city for the first time and only have three days to experience it, I'm not going to be game to be drunk every single night--or the more probable scenario: me taking care of drunks. Also, NO, I WILL NOT ever, ever, fucking EVER hook up with a guy from a bar. EVER. So I have no interest in checking out the bar scene ANYWHERE... because the only time I'll be at a bar is when I'm 1. Watching a soccer match-- a time when I'll have ZERO interest in talking, or hearing ANYONE talk, 2. Really craving a Belgian fruit lambic. Period)

No comments: