Friday, May 6, 2011

Old Phones

A friend asked me if I had an extra Verizon phone I could give her.
I have two... but only one that isn't all old school and stupid, so I suggested I'd give her that one.
I went looking for it, and when I found it, I decided to go through in search for any incriminating texts/photos/videos.
I didn't find anything too terrible. I DID find some very sad ones... like a text from January of '09 informing me my grandpa died... and all the texts from people giving me their condolences over my grandma's death back in September of '09. That was a bummer.
I also had a couple of texts where I'm fighting with some stupid bitches. That was fun.

But the BEST one, the one that made me smile... then laugh once I was done reading the entire two-page long text, was one from Kelley.
A drunk text from my good ol' buddy, ol' pal:

Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:10PM
You and mr darcy should so be together. You would be so cute together:) (rest of the text removed to protect the privacy of my buddy. But it was mighty funny)

1. She doesn't drink... so to have her be buzzed and drunk texting is fucking gold (not for blackmail purposes. I'd never do that to her. It's gold because it's hilarious and so rare. It's cherished).
2. I read it and "Aww"ed to myself. It makes me smile... sweetly (a rarity as of lately. I'm either frowning or straight up scowling). It's so adorable to know this crossed my drunk buddy's mind. Then it makes me giggle... no, it makes me laugh, in a good way.
3. Anything related to Darcy melts my heart (ohhhh! There you have yet another example of the eerie Daily-Darcy thing rearing its head. I tell you... it's weird as fuck. I should make that a featured part on my blog from now on. The DD... you know... just to keep track and make a point). So that shit STAYS.

Anyway, the moment I read this, Selfish AnoMALIE made an appearance... and I told my friend I couldn't find the phone.
That shit is MINE.
Nothing is getting erased, and NO one is reading my text memories. Go find a temporary replacement phone elsewhere.

And so my life as a hoarder begins.
(No it doesn't. That's such a fucking gross disorder. Yes, I AM still in possession of things from my infancy and on, but they're all of sentimental value. I'm not over here saving pizza boxes and shit)

3 comments:

Mooney said...

Definitely something I would do, lol.

kelley said...

Ahaha. That was probably like the last time i had a drink. I have an env2 your friend can have, but its a little beaten looking.

AnoMALIE said...

Mooney- Drunk text or hoard like yours truly? haha
Kelley- lol. I think it was, since no more drunk texts have found their way to my inbox. :)
Also, it's ok, she found someone else to give her a flip-phone.