Wednesday, May 18, 2011

His Saddest Night

Last night, I was minding my own business, checking my FB for the last time before going to bed.
The instant I signed on to Facebook, I saw MGH had just updated his status.
He was upset.
I went to his page to see what was up... and saw he had also just changed his relationship status to single.
WTF? What the hell is going on here? 

He did that a while back, change his relationship status, but it was a joke. I didn't even pay attention. I know that kid like the back of my hand, I knew it wasn't real.
This time around however, something told me this wasn't a joke because I saw his "tagged" photos were dwindling at a rapid pace.
WHOAAAA! Something massive just went down!

I refreshed and saw even MORE photos were missing.
The common ground? They were all photos that Heather had tagged of him, or photos with her in them.
Oh shit... wow. Someone is ANGRY.

I fought the urge to get on any messenger... hotmail, FBChat, Skype, any of them. I wanted to reach out to him and comfort him, but I just knew it wasn't right. It was pretty difficult to sit there and watch his heart getting beat before my eyes. I felt like one of those possessive moms who fights her kid's battles. I sat there convincing myself to just let the kid solve the problem on his own... although I REALLY wanted to just reach through the screen and hug him tightly.
It was obvious he was hurting... and not saying a damn thing was killing me.
I eventually caved and I commented his status.
That was tricky.
I have mutual friends with MGH and his girl, so I couldn't be all... offensive. I also didn't want to seem like a fucking hawk, ready to swoop in and get MGH at one of his most vulnerable moments.
So... I was just supportive and let him know I was there if he needed anything. That was all.

Well...
The drama began to unfold some more.
I was sitting there an hour later just watching the soap-opera roll between MGH, his girl, and their mutual friends.
I woke up, and it was still going on.

So far, it's still pretty ugly. She's the guilty one.
What the... I thought this was... this was rock solid. WHAT THE HELL?! There were no warning signs!
Actually, there were some warning signs... like the fact that MGH was randomly contacting me again. I can't help but be slightly suspicious when his text messages start coming in or when he starts commenting on my photos.

And so... here I am, watching the embers of this wild fire die down.

Heartbreak, anyone's heartbreak, really sucks.

So weird how life flips the script on people.
I was so miserable not too long ago, and now I'm pretty damn... comfortable.
MGH was living in the clouds just... yesterday, and now the poor guy's pulverized.

I love him, but I will not scoop down and rescue him.
Luckily, I don't have to repeat that in order to believe it.

No comments: