Thursday, May 5, 2011

Super(wo)man

Ah yes, the day when the US and Mexico got together to kick some imperialist French ass.

How did this Mexican celebrate (because I'm always down to celebrate anything that has to do with beating the French at anything)?
Hanging out with an ex boyfriend and his live-in girlfriend... and his parents... and mine.
Awkward? Now, why would you say that?

The ex is the guy whose dad and my dad sort of planned for us to get married. Prearranged marriage not so much, since we had the option of not dating... but our dads were stoked with the idea for years... possibly a decade. Then I grew up.
Yes, I liked him... a lot, actually, while growing up. He was my childhood crush since I was eight. However, he's six years my senior, so it was all weird. We played the waiting game (of course, this was after I was 13... which is still gross as fuck when you think about it), he went off to college in Chihuahua (oh yeah, he's 100% Mexican), and I quit seeing him. I forgot all about my crush since I would no longer see him when I'd visit Hometown.
Then I went to college, and thought "Really? Move to go live in Mexico with him? HELL NAH!" and so... the illusion faded.
In like... '07 he came to Vegas on a visa, he let the visa expire, Dad hired him (fuck, uh... act like I didn't just say that)... and still, nothing came to be.
Shit just doesn't work out sometimes.
Plus, my trip to europe made him think I was "unreachable," to quote him... and now, when I occasionally visit Dad's work, I have to share awkward pleasantries with him... because we're still... cool, I guess... since there aren't any hard feelings to be had.

ANYWAY!
Since things didn't work out between us, he was free to roam around and prowl for chicks. About a year ago, a girlfriend he had back in college visited Vegas, and they bumped into each other at a popular Mexican restaurant/club.
She was going to leave the next day, since her Visa was going to expire, and that's when she told him she'd stay... if he wanted her to.
They've been living together ever since.

Kind of a cute story, if you ask me... although being an illegal immigrant sucks balls, and I wouldn't want to pull that move anywhere... even Spain.

OK, so this guy's parents are in town, and since my folks are still really close friends with them, Dad invited them over the house today for a nice little dinner.
My ex... let's call him G. G wanted to have the dinner some other day. Why? Because his girl's day off is today.
Too bad, bro, the dinner's today. Bring her! The more the merrier! Was basically Dad's reaction.

Mom then slyly informed me of the dinner, and told me to be ready by 3.
Since I'm always so prim and proper... I listened to my folks... stubborn-mule-AnoMALIE style:
This looks like a job for Superman!
Er, I mean... it'll take super hero strength not to jump off a birdge today.
Take that, PARENTS! That's what I think of your fucking dinner and making me feel awkward! Let's just add to the vibe!
I don't own a tie, so I just wore a fake one on my shirt. Plus, it showcased my shirking boobs... which I'm quite happy with.
Oh, you meant I was supposed to wear a dress or skirt? My bad. I thought you meant I just had to have pants, shoes, and a shirt on. You know, to not look as disheveled as my heart currently feels.

I celebrated Cinco de Mayo appearing busy on the lap top, NOT drinking beer, and NOT eating any food.
Anything to not be in the room with any of the people for more than two minutes. They were all looking like lovely business people... I was looking like an angsty high schooler.
I just smiled, shook hands, and left the "adults" for them to do adult things.

I don't know, but I suspect if I would have ripped off my shirt, a giant S would have been revealed.
About to reveal my true identity... or just my clavicles.
Such a stripper pose... clearly I'm a Vegas girl.
(it's not that I still like G, it's just that... it was so fucking awkward. When I made eye contact with him, I could just read apologies... he was so fucking apologetic, it made my stomach hurt. All I wanted to scream was "It's OK! It JUST DIDN'T WORK!" We all know how I feel about apologies)

Viva la raza, homies,
Puro pinchi party,
A la verga con las relaciones! 

3 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

... I think the shirt is cool.

Mooney said...

I agree.

AnoMALIE said...

totally appropriate for the situation, right? hahaha