Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peanut Butter ALMOND time!

My last day doing the graduation thing at Princeton.
I'm bummed out.
I'm going to miss it.

This last week has been a crazy dream. Sure, I fought A LOT with my parents (mostly Dad. Especially today. He slammed our rental car door--which is blue-- against a parked car--which was white-- right before we headed for the commencement ceremony. I cussed out loud, "Tremendo chingaso le metio!" roughly translated to "Huge fucking hit you did there!" He didn't take too kindly to my vocabulary, and so publicly called me a "Cantinera" aka bartender, which is quite offensive to call a Mexican female), but the time spent was great.
It was a little (more than) overwhelming meeting all these important/ridiculously intelligent people... but they turned out to be some of the kindest humans ever (that's not considering the parents of some of the undergrads. The folks we had to surround ourselves with today were major fucking pricks. Ivy league elitists who probably only got into that school because of all the money they have. "Oh Jason, are you heading back to Yale this weekend?" "Huh?" "Your mother told us you were heading back to Yale come the weekend." "Oh, California? Yeah. I'm going back to California on Thursday." WTF?).
What I most enjoyed was the fact that everyone here-- students, teachers, administrators, janitors, you name it-- referred to my brother as "Rafa." EVERYONE. Not "Raf," "Rafi," or "Ralph," but what our family really calls him: Rafa. It meant a lot to me... and my family.
And the look on my brother's face, it was seriously priceless:
I've never seen him so happy.
He deserves that and MORE.
And the love and support offered to him by his friends and their families was genuine.
Great group of guys!
Too bad only two of them are single, including my brother. Boo!
I liked the one who looks like a future president. That fine, really tall specimen.
I also melted when his friends would know so much about us.
They all told us the same thing: You must be AnoMALIE, the writer/biologist (my brother said whaaa? Awwww!) and you must be D, the little sister. He is always talking about you guys!

I'm really going to miss it here.
Incredible times.

And now, for a bit of comic relief:
I'm going to marry the owner of this loft.
That guy...
As I was rummaging through his fridge, looking for the JIF, I decided to read the labels on all the cans in there.
I bumped into these:
Ok, the Nutella was in the cupboard, not the fridge
And then... once I had toasted my bread, and had spread half with the almond butter, and the other half with the PB (while Nutella IS a gift from the gods, I opted out. Too much sugar, especially these last three days. Brownies galore for me... which I'm going to have to kill myself at the gym for the next month to try and recover from this bullshit), I decided to look for jam.
What did I find?

Seriously... this boy is... really, REALLY scary.
Each time I find these creepy similarities, I have to wonder if someone's playing a joke on me.
This shit can't be real! Jesus Christ!
Ohhh! And when I opened the PB and the almond butter, I was even more creeped out to see he doesn't just dig in to the jar, but he evens it all out.
Me: Oh my god, Mom! This kid's my fucking soulmate!
Mom: You're crazy.
Me: Ah shit... look at this.
(I show her the perfect condition of the used peanut butter and almond butter)
Me: I'd be the fucking barbarian in this relationship. Man! It isn't going to work out
(I then proceed to nearly break his toaster... like the real fucking brute I am. Gosh)

Also, yesterday when I was telling Rafa about the guy dropping by, he made me laugh.
Me: Oh yeah, that kid dropped by. I looked like such a fucking bum.
Rafa: What kid?
Me: The kid whose place we're staying at.
Rafa: Darren's not a KID... freakin' guy's 30. "Kid."
Me: Better for me. I was over here thinking I was cougar-ing shit again.

Goodbye, soulmate... soul-twin... whatever you may be.
...
I don't wanna leave!!!

No comments: