Sunday, January 16, 2011

Buk-anas

My sister has been trying her hardest to get me involved with her group of friends. The girls are her age, but the dudes are my age, maybe a year or two older.
I have mingled with the group... but I just can't stand it.
I can't really explain my resistance to befriending her friends (besides the fact that they're conceited, mean, and horrifically shallow... and not very smart... they are very witty though... but their snobbery erases any redeeming quality), so my sister came up with her own conclusion: I don't hang out with her group because I hate Mexicans.
Yeah, OK, I hate Mexicans, moron.
Sister: who's the last Mexican you hung out with?
Me: That was... fuck you, man! I'M the token Mexican of my group, OK? We don't need any more!

This got me thinking. It's true... I don't like Mexicans.
I'm a fucking Malinche!
Ok, it's not that bad. I just don't hang out with them, because... I don't really fit in:
Mexican on SO many levels.
While I don't mind waterfalling tequila once in a blue moon... during one of those days when I'm sad (like, say, I got a bad haircut and I now feel I look too butch for comfort or something like that) I DON'T get physical proof of that shit. 
Doesn't that just look classy?
I do love me some Scotch, but Buchanan's is definitely not my drink. It's all about Glen Taite, you tasteless whores! Of course, they don't understand that... so I end up being the snobby girl at the end of the table, chewing on saltine crackers like some hungry, angry horse... planning my exit route.

Now, not all Mexicans are tacky like that (those are the tackiest of the tacky, I must say. If you ever hear the term "naco" just envision these photos for the rest of your life, K?), the Mexicans my sister hangs out with are the arch rivals of "nacos," they're the "fresas."
I don't fit this grouping because fresas are snobs, plain and simple. They get joy out of belittling anyone, and that's just not my style (unless I'm drunk, of course. I turn into a jackass philosophy professor when under the influence. I can't even stand it).

SO... I just stick to my trustee gringos and asians when I'm in Vegas.. which oddly enough, are a lot like my Mexican friends who don't live here, but are neither nacos nor fresas. They're just silly and easy going (no, I'm NOT in here, although I wish I had the meanass abs of the one in the middle):
Yeah, they're Mexican, ain't that crazy?
So fuck that. I hang out with people, regardless of nationality... solely based on behavior.

2 comments:

Mooney said...

I'm definitely with you on this one. I don't like to hang out with people who'll stab you in the back at the drop of a dime.

AnoMALIE said...

yet she doesn't get it. SMH.
she got mad at me today because she asked me how this one dress thing that was more of a shirt looked on her, I said "como coctelera" and she damn near started WWIII on me. Who had made her believe it was a great buy? Twiggy, of course.