Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chips

Ok, I cheated here. I actually wrote this up at one in the morning, technically Sunday.
I couldn't get to a computer today... until now. I thought I'd be back by 11:30 PM at the latest, but no... I got caught up.
By what?
I was working. For free. Doing this:

Looked simple enough. I just had to add stickers to the chips:
I chewed that bubblegum until it turned to liquid.
But I didn't stop to consider how MANY fucking chips there really were:
20X10X5X2.5. FUCK. THAT.
I wanted to stab myself by the third hour of it.
The box-cutter was calling to me.
Now I can't think of anything other than poker chips. We did 600 ("we" being Mom, Aunt, Sister, and yours-truly). After that, I gave the fuck up.
I did immigrant work... for free. On A WEEKEND.
My aunt is supposed to finish 2,500 by Tuesday. Ridiculous.

My aunt was surprised at how BOMB I was at applying the stickers. She said I did an impeccable job.
Aunt: Wow... this is your first time doing this?
Me: Yeah... (no, I spend hours of my free-time applying stickers to random shit. Of course it's my first time!)
Aunt: Perfection.

Damn straight. Whenever I do anything, it has to be awesome or I don't fucking do it. My work is art, damn it!
In all reality, I'm just good at that work 'cause I'm ADD-prone, and tedious work like that keeps me engaged/entertained. I'm like a freakin' trained monkey.

Now I have to sleep. I think my fingers are on fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a lot of chips.

AnoMALIE said...

and I couldn't keep a single one! A real tragedy.